Great color!! A unique and surprising plant for the miniature garden. It grows slower in containers than in the ground and, here in Seattle, it grows about 4" to 6" per year. The wonderful, deep burgundy leaves with the upright column shape is a nice combination for almost any mini garden setting. Plant several in a row for a wee hedge. Small but very pretty flowers bloom in the early summer.
This tree is deciduous, meaning that it will drop its leaves for the fall, but only after it gives a stunning show of bright red leaves. It has thorns. Drought tolerant once established - great for a low maintenance miniature garden.
- Great color with pretty flowers in the spring
- Upright column shape
- Cold hardy zones 4 to 8 or hardy to -30F
- Heat hardy zones 8 to 4
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Regular water
- Do not let it dry out between watering
- Let dry out to wrung-sponge damp in between waterings
- Prune to encourage more branching
- Can be pruned, snip just above a set of leaves to hide the cut mark
- Growth rate 6” to 8” per year - prune to control growth
- Trim to encourage branching if creating a hedge
- Can prune in fall or spring after flowering
- Prune off any dead wood in early spring
- A rust-resistant variety
- We are inspected by the USDA
- Fertilize with mild fertilizer in spring and in mid summer
- Comes in a 4” diameter pot
- An outdoor plant
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.