For Indoor or Outdoor Miniature Gardens or Fairy Gardens!
This baby English Boxwood tree is really a treat for miniature gardening - it can be grown outdoors in temperate climates in bright shade or cool sun, or indoors in as much bright, indirect light as you can.
Indoor Growing - Add light anywhere! You can find grow-bulbs that fit "any regular lamps nowadays at your local hardware store or online.
- fun, reliable and low maintenance
- indoor - bright, indirect light, regular water
- outdoor cold zones 5 - 9, part sun/part shade
- outdoor heat zones 9 - 6
- regular water
- hot afternoon sun in the summertime will burn the leaves if its in a really dry spot
- don’t let it dry out between watering
- comes in a 4” pot
- growth rate is 2 to 3" per year and doesn’t mind pruning
- fertilize after 2 years if planted in a container
- slow-growing, variegated form of the common boxwood
- grow indoor or outdoors
- will suit a variety of miniature garden sizes
- prune at any time, snip the stem just above a set of leaves to hide the cut mark
- shear it gradually into a fun topiary shape
- prune off some of the lower leaves to show more trunk to look like a tree
- groom several into a hedge by planting them side by side
NOTE: In spring when the weather warms up OR if this plant is coming from our cold nursery to your warm house, it will emit a strong odor. This is normal. It is the oils coming out of the leaves that is causing the smell. The oils will dry out in a couple of days and the smell will go away.
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel Select takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey. Priority Mail orders will have priority in the shipping queue.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. Any shipping overcharges will be refunded. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.