Cracking color! We are calling this a dwarf barberry because of the slow growth-rate of 2 to 4" per year, AND the adult height is about 18" in 20 years. How fun is that for the miniature garden? Trim in winter to slow the growth rate down even more.
Fantastic color and a fun globe shape. The deep red leaves turn a brighter red in the fall. This is a rust-resistant variety.
This tree is deciduous, meaning that it will drop its leaves for the fall. It has thorns. Drought tolerant once established - great for a low maintenance miniature garden.
- Great leaf color
- Pretty flowers in the spring
- Bright berries in the fall
- Compact, globe shaped
- Growth rate 2” to 4” per year - optional: prune to control growth and bushiness
- Cold hardy zones 4 to 8 or hardy to -30F
- Heat hardy zones 8 to 5
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Regular water
- Do not let it dry out between watering
- Let dry out to wrung-sponge damp in between watering sessions
- Prune in winter to slow down growth rate even more
- Can be pruned, snip just above a set of leaves to hide the cut mark
- Can prune in fall or spring after flowering
- Prune off any dead wood in early spring
- A rust-resistant variety
- Fertilize with mild fertilizer in spring and in mid summer
- Comes in a 4” diameter pot
- An outdoor plant
We recommend to print out this page for reference.
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.