An indoor or outdoor plant for the miniature garden. Discovered in Quebec, this dwarf boxwood’s tiny, dark green leaves retain their color through winter temperatures. Small leaves perch just right on a tiny trunk that lifts it off the ground to make a “real” miniature garden tree. Hardier than the species.
The photos show the spring growth, that will turn back to the regular green color as it matures. Winter color is a dark green.
- Growth: Less than 3” to 6” per year
- Cold zones 4-8, or hardy to -30F
- Heat zones 8-6
- Full sun to part shade
- Boxwoods can be grown INDOORS with LOTS of indirect bright light and regular water. (Add light with a grow-bulb.)
- Globe shaped with cute trunk
- Regular water
- Don’t let it dry out between watering
- Fertilize after 2 years if planted in a container
- Comes in a 4” diameter pot
- Slow-growing, dark green form of the common boxwood
- Can be used in a variety of scales and many forms of miniature gardening
- Prune at any time, snip the stem just above a set of leaves to hide the cut
- Shear it into a fun topiary shape (trim no more than 1/3 of at a time)
- Prune it to keep its 'tree' look by taking off some of the lower leaves to show more trunk
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
and it looks great."