The trees in this set are outdoor trees and come in 2 1/4" pots as shown. They can be planted in full sun with good-draining soil. Let them dry out a bit in between watering sessions if they are grown in a container, to avoid over-watering.
The Blue Star Juniper can tolerate a little more sun and drier soil than the other two Cypress, but never let the soil dry out completely. Protect these trees from extremes while they are young - they are baby trees.
- As a group, hardy to zone 4 / -30F
- As a group, Heat hardy zones 6
- Winter Maintenance: Clean out the dead leaves inside the shrubs when you see it.
- Full sun - avoid that hot, summer afternoon sun while they are little
- Let container soil dry out to barely damp in between watering
- All are outdoor plants
- Come in 2 1/4" pots
From left to right:
Golden Dwarf Hinoki Cypress - Chameacyparis obtusa 'Nana Lutea'
The tips of the foliage are a golden-yellow-green color, turning into a darker green as the branch goes toward the trunk. This change in color throughout the wee shrub lends drama to your mini garden landscape and color right where you want it.
- Very rich green color in winter
- Growth rate is about 2 to 4"/yr
- Upright, broad growth habit
- Cold hardy Zones 4-8 or to -30F
- Heat Zones 8-1
- Full sun to part sun, avoid hot sun, especially if it is in a container
- Regular water
- Pot is 4" in diameter
- An outdoor plant
Blue Star Dwarf Juniper - Juniperus squamata 'Blue Star'
The blue-green foliage of the Blue Star Juniper stands out in any kind of garden, but it's particularly valuable when used as a miniature garden tree or shrub. Its branches are very pronounced and gives the scene a majestic look - but in miniature.
The colorful Blue Star Juniper can be paired with other gray-greens, silvers, creams, pinks and light greens for a charming display. The branches grow out from the trunk in a star shape, and the wee growth is pointed too - it's a "supah-star" for miniature gardening!
- Growth: 3 to 6"/yr
- Cold Zones 4 - 9 or hardy to -30 to -20
- Heat Zones 9 - 1
- Full sun
- Regular water until established
- Let dry out to barely damp in between to avoid over watering if in a container
- An outdoor plant
- Comes in a 4" pot
Golden Mop Threadbranch Cypress - Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Golden Mop'
Great color for the miniature garden. The finely textured foliage of this threadbranch cypress develops vibrant gold growth in spring and retains its brilliance through the seasons - even where challenged by heat and humidity. Best color in full sun.
- best color in full sun
- vibrant yellow color in sun, turns greener in the shade
- globe shape
- 3" to 6" per year, slower in the colder states
- zone 4 - 8 or hardy to -30F
- heat zone 8 - 1
- comes in a 4” pot
- an outdoor plant
We recommend to print this page out for reference.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.