A delicate, but sturdy plant for the miniature garden that is normally used for a ground cover with tiny stems that are deep red, contrasting nicely against the small, round leaves. Grow it up a miniature trellis or arbor for fun.
Re-pot or divide this plant every two to three years, it's a ground cover and this one really wants to cover the ground. By interrupting the growing process and not letting it get established, you'll slow it down. Don't hesitate in controlling this plant.
If it's planted in-ground, shovel-prune it by slicing the border of the plant (wherever your border is,) with a shovel, severing the underground runners or roots. Collect, or gently pull-up the cut-off foliage or they might root again. Keep pruning every spring and throughout the summer whenever you see it running where you don't want to.
- Train over an arbor or along a fence
- Outdoor: Part sun/Part shade
- Cold hardy to zones 8 - 10
- Heat hardy zones 10 - 8
- Indoor: bright indirect, divide every second year.
- Regular water
- 3" to 6" tall if left to grow in-ground
- Supposedly spreads to 12" to 18" but this one will keep going
- In a pot: divide every couple of years to keep it happy
- In the ground: invasive in some areas. Judiciously divide or shovel-prune in late spring to control growth
- vines can be used for miniature crafting
- Comes in a 4" pot
We recommend to print out this page for reference.
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
“Hello Janit and Steve! I just received my order today and everything was in great shape. Steve did a fine job at packing, thank you!”