A pretty pale green rosette with reddish tips. This one will grow a bit bigger than our other Hens and Chicks if given plenty of root-room. If you confine the roots, it'll stay smaller.*
Pot can be divided right away. Hardy and drought-proof.
- Full sun to part sun
- Best in dry places - perfect for the full sun miniature garden
- Size will stay the same as in the picture - the are a small variety
- When happy, the' hen' will bloom, usually in mid summer, then the mother will die leaving the 'chicks' to carry on the cycle of life ;o)
- Great in the ground or in containers
- Height is 1 to 5 inches
- Spreads slowly, from 1 " to 6"
- Cold zones 3 thru 10, hardy to -30F
- Heat hardy zones 8 thru 1
- Companion trees: Junipers, Pines, Spruces, Cotoneasters
- Comes in a 4" pot
- An outdoor plant
*You can sometimes trick the plant into thinking it's planted in a tight space by putting a rock or two in the planting hole the depth of the root ball, and plant the Kalinda on top of the rocks. By making the plant think it's in tight spot, it'll adjust by growing slower and smaller. This theory is what the Bonsai hobby is based upon.
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and we are certified by the USDA.