A dwarf barberry that is a perfect anchor point for the miniature garden! Fantastic color combo with pink and green combination. The leaves stay small and it's a lovely upright narrow shape for the miniature garden bed or a container.
The small flowers bloom in the early spring. The foliage turns greener in the shade, chartreuse in the sun - and will get a bit pink in the hot, summer sun. It is best for a part sun/cool sun spot. You can trim it after flowering &/or in early spring to slow the growth rate down even further.
The Golden Torch Barberry is deciduous and it will drop its leaves for the fall. It has thorns. Drought tolerant once established - great for a low maintenance miniature garden.
- A favorite!
- Great color with pretty flowers in the spring
- Narrow upright shape
- Cold hardy zones 4 to 8 or hardy to -30F
- Heat hardy zones 8 to 4
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Regular water
- Do not let it dry out between watering
- Let dry out to wrung-sponge damp in between watering sessions
- Can be pruned, snip just above a set of leaves to hide the cut mark
- Growth rate 6” to 8” per year - prune to control growth and bushiness
- Trim to encourage branching if creating a hedge
- Can prune in fall or spring after flowering
- Prune off any dead wood in early spring
- A rust-resistant variety
- We are inspected by the USDA
- Fertilize with mild fertilizer in spring and in mid summer
- Comes in a 4” diameter pot
- An outdoor plant
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.