Multi-textures and colors all in one charming shrub! A true miniature, despite being labeled a dwarf, with a growth rate of less than 1" per year.
I bet the grower called it charming because it's multi-colored and multi-textured. The young foliage is a rich emerald green that looks like your typical hinoki branch, soft and rounded. But when the young branch grows out, it turns into a spiky texture and blue-green in color, similar to the Cumulus Sawara Cypress.
New to our inventory, there is just not much information on this wee shrub yet so this is only my opinion from 17 years of studying dwarf and miniature conifers.
Keep it sheared to maintain the globe-like shape.
- Wonderful blue-green color
- It may get an amber blush to the top in the cold months
- Estimated Growth: less than 1" per year
- Can be sheared yearly to maintain shape
- Cold hardy Zones 4-8, or to -30F
- Heat Zones 8-1 but avoid extremes to be safe
- Sun to part shade, watch the hot summer sun if in a container
- Regular water if in a pot, let dry out to just damp in between
- Comes in a 4" pot
- An outdoor plant
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Steve at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
" Hi Janit and Steve. I just received your shipment, trees are beautiful!!!
And so well packaged ! - Many thanks Norma "