A darling little shrub for the miniature garden, fairy garden or bonsai. It is highly coveted as a tree for the miniature garden because the foliage is in-scale AND the pretty spring flowers turn into berries for the summer. Train it to look like an apple tree by keeping it trimmed into a tree-shape.
Spring flowers turn into berries for the summer.
Plants are about 4" tall right now - March 8, 2019.
- White or pinkish flowers in the summer followed by red inedible berries
- Trees are 4" to 5" tall in 4" pots
- Great for in-ground or containers
- Also known as 'Thyminifolia'
- Needs full sun, in desert areas shelter it from the hot sun
- Cold hardy in Zones 5 to 9, or to -20F
- Heat zones 8 - 6
- Needs well-drained soil
- Regular water, let dry out to damp to avoid over-watering
- Growth rate estimated at 3" to 5" per year, but can to be pruned
- Spreading growth habit
- An outdoor plant
- Comes in a 4" pot
PRO-TIP: Prune no more than 1/3 of the tree off at one time. Allow the tree to recover (wait to see new growth) before taking more off or you may kill the tree.
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska.
We are certified by the USDA.
and it looks great."