We are in love with this Primo Arborvitae and it's become a true favorite. The Primo is a great anchor tree for the miniature garden bed. Let me count the ways:
- The bark on the trunk already looks aged and the reddish-brown trunk - color contrasts nicely with the rich, emerald green color of the foliage.
- It's very well-behaved and easy to grow. If it's planted in-ground it is drought-tolerant (but still need water in the dry months.) If it's in a container, just make sure it doesn't dry out too much for too long by letting the soil dry out to wrung-sponge-damp in between watering sessions.
- With its ruggedness and finely textured, dark green foliage, it really looks like a big forest tree - but in miniature.
- It's a slower and smaller version of the Zmatlik. It's daintier in shape and grows into a narrower cone shape.
- The winter blush is a deep amber color and will turn back to green when the weather warms up. A nice treat in the middle of winter!
- Upright narrow in shape
- Note that the winter color might a deep golden amber
- Hardy to -40F or Zones 2 - 7
- Heat zones 7 - 1
- Estimated growth rate is 2" to 5" per year
- Full sun to part sun
- Regular water with well drained soil
- If in a pot, let dry out to barely damp in between to avoid over watering
- If in a pot, shelter from extreme hot sun in late afternoon in the summer
- Comes in a 4” pot
- An outdoor plant
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
We recommend to print this out for reference.