We are in love with this Primo Arborvitae and it's become a true favorite. The Primo is a great anchor tree for the miniature garden bed. Let me count the ways:
- The bark on the trunk already looks aged and the reddish-brown trunk - color contrasts nicely with the rich, emerald green color of the foliage.
- It's very well-behaved and easy to grow. If it's planted in-ground it is drought-tolerant (but still need water in the dry months.) If it's in a container, just make sure it doesn't dry out too much for too long by letting the soil dry out to wrung-sponge-damp in between watering sessions.
- With its ruggedness and finely textured, dark green foliage, it really looks like a big forest tree - but in miniature.
- It's a slower and smaller version of the Zmatlik. It's daintier in shape and grows into a narrower cone shape.
- The winter blush is a deep amber color and will turn back to green when the weather warms up. A nice treat in the middle of winter!
- Upright narrow in shape
- Note that the winter color might a deep golden amber
- Hardy to -40F or Zones 2 - 7
- Heat zones 7 - 1
- Estimated growth rate is 2" to 5" per year
- Full sun to part sun
- Regular water with well drained soil
- If in a pot, let dry out to barely damp in between to avoid over watering
- If in a pot, shelter from extreme hot sun in late afternoon in the summer
- Comes in a 4” pot
- An outdoor plant
We recommend to print this out for reference.
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.