A relatively new miniature garden plant that has become a new favorite! Let me count the ways:
- The foliage stays compact and tight.
- It's smaller than the "normal" yews that we are "yews-to" seeing :o)
- It's a great shape for almost any miniature garden, it's a narrow column of green goodness.
- The foliage texture is completely different and it's a great contrast with any other conifer.
- It changes color throughout the seasons. (The golden yellow foliage in spring lasts through the summer, then turns a rich, dark green for the colder months. In the winter, its "winter blush" is silver. The new growth in spring emerges a shade of red. Yummy.)
- It's tough. This new yew is hardy to -20F
- It's a slow-growing yew at a few inches per year. Light pruning will help keep the overall form in check - if necessary.
- Great for containers, Yews don't mind their roots cramped.
- Growing details below... :o)
August 2022: Plants are about 8" tall. - J.
- Wonderful texture, the leaves perch like flower petals
- Colors change to silver in the cold temperatures
- Dwarf growth rate 3 to 6" per year
- Cold zones 5-8 or to -20F
- Heat zones 8 - 7
- Cool sun to part shade, watch the hot summer sun if in a container
- Plant in cool sun to part shade. Cool sun means eastern sun, or dappled sun.
- Regular water if in a pot, let dry out to damp in between to avoid over-watering
- Comes in a 4" pot
- An outdoor plant
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.