An indoor or outdoor plant for the miniature garden. Discovered in Quebec, this dwarf boxwood’s tiny, dark green leaves retain their color through winter temperatures. Small leaves perch just right on a tiny trunk that lifts it off the ground to make a “real” miniature garden tree. Hardier than the species.
The Mont Bruno Boxwoods have their "winter blush" right now and look a bit bronze. They will turn back to green if brought indoors - or stay blushed if left outside if your area is colder in winter.
- Growth: Less than 3” to 6” per year
- Cold zones 4-8, or hardy to -30F
- Heat zones 8-6
- Full sun to part shade
- Boxwoods can be grown INDOORS with lots of indirect bright light and regular water. (Add light with a grow-bulb.)
- Globe shaped with cute trunk
- Regular water
- Don’t let it dry out between watering
- Fertilize after 2 years if planted in a container
- Comes in a 4” diameter pot
- Slow-growing, dark green form of the common boxwood
- Can be used in a variety of scales and many forms of miniature gardening
- Prune at any time, snip the stem just above a set of leaves to hide the cut
- Shear it into a fun topiary shape (trim no more than 1/3 of at a time)
- Prune it to keep its 'tree' look by taking off some of the lower leaves to show more trunk
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.