A stunning gem for the miniature garden, shear it in late winter to keep its compact shape or just let it do what it does naturally: let its frond-like branches reach for the sky.
An unusual Hinoki for the miniature garden, fairy garden or railroad garden that can add a completely different texture to the mini landscape. The foliage looks like ferns. It can stand alone as a focal point or trim-away the bottom-most branches (at anytime) to make it look like a tree in miniature, (in this case, keep it sheared to keep the canopy-shape but shear it in late winter.) . A treat to grow.
Prune in late winter to keep it bushy.
**This is for a 2 ¼" potted plant.**
- Growth: 6” – 8" per year – a slower-growing in cooler areas.
- Shape: Upright broad
- Hardiness: Cold hardy Zones 5-8 or to -20F
- Heat Hardy: Heat Zones 8-1
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Water: Regular water if in a pot, let dry out to damp in between watering
- Maintenance: Clean out the dead leaves inside the shrub when it’s young, when you see them
- Prune in mid to late winter to keep it compact
- Tips may turn bronze or amber in the colder areas in winter, it's 'winter blush'
- Comes in a 2 ¼" pot
- An outdoor plant
We recommend you print this page out for reference.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.