Cuteness! Baby conifers are just what we need for our miniature garden designs. Lower and smaller shrubs can help you "layer-down" from the taller trees to the short ground covers to create a wall of conifer-goodness. Match or contrast the colors, be sure to mix-up the textures.
The trees in this set are outdoor trees and come in 2 1/4" pots as shown. They can be planted in full sun with good-draining soil.
Let them dry out a bit in between watering sessions if they are grown in a container, to avoid over-watering.
- As a group, hardy to zone 4 or -30F
- As a group, Heat hardy zones 8 - 1
- Fall/Spring Maintenance: Clean out the dead leaves inside the shrubs when you see it, it's called "conifer dieback."
- Full sun - avoid that hot, summer afternoon sun
- Let container soil dry out to barely damp in between watering
- All are outdoor plants
- Come in 2 1/4" pots
From left to right as they appear in the photos:
Golden Dwarf Hinoki Cypress - Chameacyparis obtusa 'Nana Lutea'
The tips of the foliage are a golden-yellow-green color, turning into a darker green as the branch goes toward the trunk. This change in color throughout the wee shrub lends drama to your mini garden landscape and color right where you want it.
- Very rich green color in winter
- Growth rate is about 2 to 4"/yr
- Upright, broad growth habit
- Cold hardy Zones 4-8 or to -30F
- Heat Zones 8-1
- Full sun to part sun, avoid hot sun, especially if it is in a container
- Regular water
- Pot is 2 ¼" in diameter
- An outdoor plant
Tsukumo Dwarf Sawara Cypress - Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Tsukumo'
A finely textured, soft green bun that is a must for any miniature gardener. The Tsukumo is prized by bonsai artists so we know it will be a great miniature garden plant. The Sawara Cypress can tolerate hotter and drier conditions than the Hinoki Cypress - but never let the soil dry out completely.
- Rich greens
- Cute globe shape
- Growth rate is 1" - 3" per year
- Zones 4-8, Cold Hardy to -30F
- Heat Zones: 8-1
- Full or part sun
- Regular water
- An outdoor plant
- Pot shown is 2 ¼" in diameter
Fernspray Gold Hinoki Cypress - Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Fernspray Gold'
A favorite. This dainty looking Hinoki cypress is just a gem to grow in your miniature garden. The foliage is a rich emerald green just the summer months, and they blushes in an array of amber tones in the cold months. The branches arch out in a whimsical way from the center of the tree, and it looks like a full-sized tree in miniature when the bottom branches are trimmed away to show some of the trunk. One of my favorite Hinokis.
- full sun
- regular water, damp soil
- excellent for bonsai or miniature gardening
- growth: less than 3" per year
- zone 4-8, hardy to -20 F
- heat zones 8 - 1
- full sun to part sun
- shelter the pot from the extreme hot sun in late afternoon in the summer
- regular water
- if in a pot, let dry out to barely damp in between to avoid over watering
- comes in a 2 ¼” pot
- an outdoor plant
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.