The trees in this set are outdoor trees and come in 2 1/4" pots as shown. They can be planted in full sun to part sun with well-draining soil. Let them dry out to barely damp in between watering sessions if they are grown in a container, to avoid over-watering. Shelter them from that hot, western summer sun in warmer zones if planted in a container.
- As a group, cold hardy to zones 5 to 8, or to -20F
- Juniper and Spruce are much hardier
- Heat hardy zones 8 to 1
- **Winter Maintenance: Clean out the dead leaves inside the trees when you see it - it's called "conifer dieback."
- These are young, baby plants that will need shelter from the extremes
- Full sun to part sun
- For containers or in-ground
- All are outdoor plants
- Come in 2 1/4" pots
**In order as they appear from left to right:
Jean's Dilly Dwarf Spruce - Picea glauca 'Jean's Dilly'
This is one of our favorite trees for miniature gardening and a best seller. This miniature Christmas tree, the Dwarf Spruce is a pleasure to grow year 'round. It keeps it's shape over time with it dense, the new needles twist out of the ends of the branches in the springtime.
- Good anchor tree for a miniature garden bed
- Can be decorated for the holidays
- True diminutive form of the dwarf Alberta spruce
- Pronounced 'John's Dilly' and named after its founder, Jean Iseli
- Upright cone shape
- Growth rate: 2 to 3" year
- Cold hardy zones: 2 to 6, or -40F
- Heat zones 6-1
Golden Dwarf Hinoki Cypress - Chameacyparis obtusa 'Nana Lutea'
This is a charmer for the miniature garden and we're glad to have it back in stock again.
The tips of the foliage are a golden-yellow-green color, turning into a darker green as the branch goes toward the trunk. This change in color throughout the wee shrub lends drama to your mini garden landscape and color right where you want it.
- Very rich green color in winter
- Growth rate is about 2 to 4"/yr
- Upright, broad growth habit
- Cold hardy Zones 4-8 or to -30F
- Heat Zones 8-1
- Full sun to part sun, avoid hot sun, especially if it is in a container
- Regular water
- Pot is 4" in diameter
- An outdoor plant
Tsukumo Dwarf Sawara Cypress - Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Tsukumo'
A finely textured, soft green bun that is a must for any miniature gardener. The Tsukumo is prized by bonsai artists so we know it will be a great miniature garden plant. The Sawara Cypress can tolerate hotter and drier conditions than the Hinoki Cypress - but never let the soil dry out completely.
- Rich greens
- Cute globe shape
- Growth rate is 1" - 3" per year
- Zones 4-8, Cold Hardy to -30F
- Heat Zones: 8-1
- Full or part sun
- Regular water
- An outdoor plant
- Pot shown is 4 inches in diameter
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy. If you have any questions regarding shipping costs or for anything else miniature garden, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
We recommend that you print out this page to keep for reference.