The trees in this set are outdoor trees and come in 2 1/4" pots as shown. They can be planted in full sun with good-draining soil. Let them dry out a bit in between watering sessions if they are grown in a container, to avoid over-watering.
The Blue Star Juniper can tolerate a little more sun and drier soil than the other two Cypress, but never let the soil dry out completely. Protect these trees from extremes while they are young - they are baby trees.
- As a group, hardy to zone 4 / -30F
- As a group, Heat hardy zones 6
- Winter Maintenance: Clean out the dead leaves inside the shrubs when you see it.
- Full sun - avoid that hot, summer afternoon sun while they are little
- Let container soil dry out to barely damp in between watering
- All are outdoor plants
- Come in 2 1/4" pots
From left to right:
Jean's Dilly Dwarf Spruce - Picea glauca 'Jean's Dilly'
This is one of our favorite trees for miniature gardening and a best seller. This miniature Christmas tree, the Dwarf Spruce is a pleasure to grow year 'round. It keeps its shape over time with it dense, the new needles twist out of the ends of the branches in the springtime.
- good anchor tree for a miniature garden bed
- can be decorated for the holidays
- true diminutive form of the dwarf Alberta spruce
- pronounced 'John's Dilly' and named after its founder, Jean Iseli
- upright cone shape
- growth rate: 2 to 3" year
- cold hardy zones: 2 to 6, or -40F
- heat zones 6-1
- part or full sun
- regular water
- an outdoor plant
Tompa Miniature Norway Spruce - Picea abies 'Tompa'
A very reliable, hardy, sun-loving, slow-growing dwarf for the miniature garden. The Tompa spruce loves being in a container and can last for years and years. The photo with the larger Tompa Spruce shows growth after 10 years.
You'll get a lot of enjoyment out of this one. After several years, gently prune-away the lower branches to make it look more like a tree if desired.
- A rugged looking forest tree in miniature
- Great in pots or in-ground
- 1" to 3" per year - we find it grows much slower
- Full sun, can take part sun with sharp drainage
- Upright, slightly irregular broad shape
- Cold zones 3 - 8 or hardy to -40F
- Heat zones 8 - 1
- Comes in a 4" pot
- An outdoor plant
Fernspray Gold Hinoki Cypress - Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Fernspray Gold'
A favorite. This dainty looking Hinoki cypress is just a gem to grow in your miniature garden. The foliage changes throughout the year. In spring, it is a rich emerald green color, then the foliage turns a wonderful gold color when the plant is kept in full sun. In the winter, the tree blushes in an array of amber tones if the temperatures are cold enough - see the third photo for the winter colors.
The branches arch out in a whimsical way from the center of the tree, and it looks like a full-sized tree in miniature when the bottom branches are trimmed away to show some of the trunk. One of my favorite Hinokis.
Trim in late winter if you want to keep it bushy.
- full sun
- regular water, damp soil
- excellent for bonsai or miniature gardening
- growth: less than 3" per year
- zone 4 - 8, hardy to -20 F
- heat zones 8 - 1
- full sun to part sun
- shelter the pot from the extreme hot sun in late afternoon in the summer
- regular water
- if in a pot, let dry out to barely damp in between to avoid over watering
- comes in a 4” pot
- an outdoor plant
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
From Jonathan in NV:
You guys are awesome! Thank you for the quality of all the orders and shipping I've received.