The slowest growing Boxwood ever and perfect for the miniature garden! We've been growing this for years in our miniature gardens and we are tickled pink to finally offer it to you! The Kingsville Boxwood is also known as the Compact Korean Boxwood and the Littleleaf Boxwood OR the Compact Miniature Japanese Boxwood - whatever you call it, it's PERFECT for us!
It can be grown outdoors in temperate climates in bright shade or cool sun, or indoors in LOTS of bright indirect light (Add more light with a grow-bulb. Find grow-bulbs to fit your regular lamps at your local hardware store.)
- fun, reliable and low maintenance
- indoor light - bright light, can take some direct sun but watch the hot sun
- outdoor light - full COOL sun to part sun
- cold hardy in Zones 6 - 9, or to -10F
- heat hardy zones 9 - 6
- regular water, dry out until barely damp in between to avoid overwatering
- growth rate is less than 1" per year and doesn’t mind pruning
- fertilize in early spring and mid summer with a high-nitrogen fertilizer if leaves are turning a bit yellow
- regular water
- don’t let it dry out completely between watering sessions
- comes in a 4” pot
About the Versatile Boxwood:
- grow indoor or outdoors
- will suit a variety of miniature garden sizes
- prune at any time, snip the stem just above a set of leaves to hide the cut mark
- prune off some of the lower leaves to show more trunk to look like a tree
- fertilize in early spring and mid summer with a high-nitrogen fertilizer
- if leaves are yellowing, add extra nitrogen with blood meal, coffee grounds, or similar
NOTE: In spring when the weather warms up OR if this plant is coming from our cold nursery to your warm house, your boxwood may emit a strong odor. This is normal. It is the oils coming out of the leaves that is causing the smell. The oils will dry out in a couple of days and the smell will go away.
We recommend printing out this page for your reference.
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.