Great color!! A unique and surprising plant for the miniature garden. It grows slower in containers than in the ground and, here in Seattle, it only grows about 4" to 6" per year. The wonderful, deep burgundy leaves with the upright column shape is a nice combination for almost any mini garden setting. Plant several in a row for a wee hedge. Small but very pretty flowers bloom in the early summer.
This tree is deciduous, meaning that it will drop its leaves for the fall, but only after it gives a stunning show of bright red leaves. It has thorns. Drought tolerant once established - great for a low maintenance miniature garden.
- Great color with pretty flowers in the spring
- Upright column shape
- Cold hardy zones 4 to 8 or hardy to -30F
- Heat hardy zones 8 to 4
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Regular water
- Do not let it dry out between watering
- Let dry out to wrung-sponge damp in between waterings
- Prune to encourage more branching
- Can be pruned, snip just above a set of leaves to hide the cut mark
- Growth rate 6” to 8” per year - prune to control growth
- Trim to encourage branching if creating a hedge
- Can prune in fall or spring after flowering
- Prune off any dead wood in early spring
- A rust-resistant variety
- We are inspected by the USDA
- Fertilize with mild fertilizer in spring and in mid summer
- Comes in a 4” diameter pot
- An outdoor plant
We recommend to print this page out for your reference.
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.