This is a complete Miniature Garden kit. All you need is a pot, potting soil and about 2 to 3 hours - this kit can be done in one afternoon. It's very rewarding and cute too!
Inside This Kit:
- Variegated English Boxwood, Buxus sempervirens 'Variegata'
- Dwarf Mondo Grass, Ophiopogon japonicus 'Nana'
- Baby Tears, Soleirolia soleirolii
- Garden Bench, ivory color, weatherproof, drilled with stake included (not glued in, style may vary)
- Hanging terra cotta Pot with Sedum Rooting and Shepherd's Hook (style may vary)
- Stone Sheet, Mother Earth color (A pretty blend of ivory, beige, pink & brown.)
- Miniature Pebbles, (Matching colors)
- Mini Patio Mix Kit, Includes mix, sand, borders, skewers
- Full color instructions for the Mini Patio Mix Kit, PDF
- Miniature Garden Cheat Sheet, PDF
- PDFs will be sent via email to the email provided on the order unless specified.
- PDFs can be printed out on your printer, or saved to your computer/machine
Indoor Placement: The plants like bright, indirect light and damp soil. Do not let the soil dry out between watering. Pot needs a drainage hold for the excess water to escape.
Outdoor Placement: Part shade, bright shade or cool sun. This combination is hardy to about 0F or above freezing. The Boxwood is hardy to -20F.
About the Plants
The plants are chosen to work in the same pot, or beside each other in a lightly shaded garden bed. The matching miniature bedding plants are coordinated with the tree for color, climate and texture. They can last in an 8 to 10" deep pot for up to five years. Bedding plants may need dividing after 2 to 3 years.
Variegated English Boxwood (Buxus sempervirens 'Variegata')
The English Boxwood is a fun, reliable and low maintenance gem for miniature gardening. It is easy to grow, care for and prune. It prefers as much bright, indirect light as you can give it indoors, and outside, it prefers part shade or a cool-sun spot (eastern sun, for example.) It is a slow-growing plant, with a growth rate at 1" to 2" per year. The plant can also be sheared into a topiary shape, pruned to keep its 'tree' look or groomed into a hedge. Deer resistant.
- Fun, reliable and low maintenance
- Indoor - bright, indirect light, regular water
- Outdoor - Cold hardy zone 5 - 9, part sun/part shade
- Outdoor - Heat hardy zone 9 - 6
- Regular water
- Hot afternoon sun in the summertime will burn the leaves if its in a really dry spot
- Don’t let the soil dry out between watering sessions
- Comes in a 4” pot
- Growth rate is 2 to 3" per year and doesn’t mind pruning
- Fertilize after 2 years if planted in a container
Dwarf Mondo Grass (Ophiopogon japonicus 'Nana')
A favorite miniature grass that grows about 2" tall and slowly spreads on runners.
- Easy care, can be indoors or outdoors.
- Great color and texture.
- Small, lavender colored blooms turn to blue berries if it's happy
- Outdoor: part shade/full shade
- Indoor: bright indirect light
- Cold hardy to zones 7 - 10
- Heat hardy to zones 12 - 1
- Regular water let soil dry out to damp between watering
- Comes in a 4" pot
Baby Tears (Soleirolia soleirolii)
A very fun plant to grow. Can divide it right away. Perfect for outdoor miniature gardens in more mild regions or indoors.
- Outdoor: shade/part shade
- Outdoor: do not let soil dry out
- Outdoor: hardy to 0F, mint is hardy to -10F
- Indoor: bright, indirect light
- Indoor: likes damp to moist soil
- Indoor: likes open terrarium environments
- Will trail down the side of pot
- Comes in a 4" pot
- Want a different color of bench, stone sheet or pebbles? Leave us a note or email us after you order!
- Potting soil and pot not included
- Use regular potting soil, without added fertilizer or polymers
- Pot recommendation: Minimum 8" high by 8" wide, must have a drainage hole. Get one with a saucer to catch the water run-off.
Our Guarantee: Make ONE and you'll know how to make the next one quickly and easily.
Shipping by Flat-Rate Priority Mail INCLUDED! Shipping is included and we will fit other small items into the box where we can - and refund any excess shipping charges to you.
Can only be shipped to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are registered with the USDA.