A pretty green rosette with reddish tips. This one will grow a bit bigger than our other Hens and Chicks if given plenty of root-room. If you confine the roots, it'll stay smaller.*
Pot can be divided right away into any size, including singles if you can safely wiggle a rosette away from the main plant with a stem or a root. Just be sure to nurture the babies and let them dry out a bit in between watering sessions.
Very versatile: Cold hardy and drought-proof.
- Full sun to part sun
- Best in dry places - perfect for the full sun miniature garden
- Size will stay the same as in the picture - the are a small variety
- When happy, the' hen' will bloom, usually in mid summer, then the mother will die leaving the 'chicks' to carry on the cycle of life ;o)
- Great in the ground or in containers
- Height is 1 to 5 inches
- Spreads slowly, from 1 " to 6"
- Cold zones 3 thru 10, hardy to -30F
- Heat hardy zones 8 thru 1
- Companion trees: Junipers, Pines, Spruces, Cotoneasters
- Comes in a 4" pot
- An outdoor plant
*You can sometimes trick the plant into thinking it's planted in a tight space by putting a rock or two in the planting hole the depth of the root ball, and plant the Hen & Chick on top of the rocks. By making the plant think it's in tight spot, it'll adjust by growing slower and smaller. This theory is what the Bonsai hobby is based upon.
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
We recommend to print out this page for reference.