Fantastic color and shape!! Yellow flowers in the spring are gradually hidden by the deep purple leaves. Fall bring bright red foliage and red berries. Trim in winter to slow the growth rate down even more.
This tree is deciduous, meaning that it will drop its leaves for the fall. It has thorns. Drought tolerant once established - great for a low maintenance miniature garden.
- Great leaf color with pretty flowers in the spring
- Compact, globe shaped
- Cold hardy zones 4 to 8 or hardy to -30F
- Heat hardy zones 8 to 4 (AHS Heat Zone Chart)
- Full sun
- Well draining soil
- Regular water
- Do not let it dry out between watering
- Let dry out to wrung-sponge damp in between waterings
- Prune in winter to slow down growth rate even more
- Can be pruned, snip just above a set of leaves to hide the cut mark
- Growth rate 2” to 4” per year - prune to control growth and bushy-ness
- Can prune in fall or spring after flowering
- Prune off any dead wood in early spring
- A rust-resistant variety
- We are inspected by the USDA
- Fertilize with mild fertilizer in spring and in mid summer
- Comes in a 4” diameter pot
- An outdoor plant
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
From Joan in MN:
I received my order today and am amazed at how well they were packed, in excellent condition and really appreciate the care you take to ship them. Thank you