A darling little shrub for the miniature garden that has been trained "on standard," which means that trunk. :o) Keep the pompom on top trimmed in a ball shape, or train it to create a canopy. A whimsical fairy garden tree or railroad garden.
It is highly coveted as a tree for the miniature garden because the foliage is in-scale AND the pretty spring flowers turn into berries for the summer and it looks like an apple tree.
Easy Pruning/Maintenance: Trim wayward branches or any branch that is growing downwards. Pinch off any new growth along the trunk.
- White or pinkish flowers in the summer followed by red inedible berries
- Trees are about 12" tall
- Great for in-ground or containers
- Also known as 'Thyminifolia'
- Full sun to part sun
- In desert areas shelter it from the hot sun
- Cold hardy in Zones 5 to 9, or to -20F
- Heat zones 8 - 6
- Needs well-drained soil
- Regular water, let dry out to damp to avoid over-watering
- Growth rate estimated at 3" to 5" per year, but can to be pruned
- Spreading growth habit
- An outdoor plant
- Comes in a 4" pot
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska.
We are certified by the USDA.