The Lawson Cypress can be grown indoors or outdoors. Note that some websites say it can't be grown indoors, but other website say it can. I've always considered it a conifer that can be grown both ways so it's especially valuable to a miniature gardener, because it's one of the few indoor trees that can look like a full-sized garden tree but in miniature.
The Ellwood's Cypress Is a dusty blue gray color that pairs well with anything purple, silver, chartreuse or variegated. Slow growing. Perfect for containers and can do well in-ground as an informal hedge in miniature. Keep the soil evenly moist.
- Bright indirect light
- Regular water, damp soil to the touch
- Less water in winter, more in the summer
- Cool, full sun to bright part shade
- Zone 5 - 9, hardy to -20 F
- Heat zones 9 - 5
- Regular water
- Well draining soil
- If in a pot, let dry out to barely damp in between to avoid over watering
- Shelter the pot from the extreme hot sun in late afternoon in the summer
- Shear in spring if needed to make it stay bushy
- Comes in a 4” pot
WE CAN ONLY GUARANTEE PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
Parcel post takes 7 to 10 days and puts a lot of stress on the trees during transit. We cannot guarantee any plants shipped this way - but it is your choice to make during checkout.
We recommend Priority Mail for a safe - and guaranteed - journey.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated; all shipping charges are double-checked to ensure accuracy.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-352-0494.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.