A darling little shrub for the miniature garden, fairy garden or bonsai. It is highly coveted as a tree for the miniature garden because the foliage is in-scale AND the pretty spring flowers turn into berries for the summer. Train it to look like an apple tree by keeping it trimmed into a tree-shape.
Spring flowers turn into berries for the summer.
- White or pinkish flowers in the summer followed by red inedible berries
- Trees are 4" to 5" tall in 4" pots
- Great for in-ground or containers
- Also known as 'Thyminifolia'
- Needs full sun, in desert areas shelter it from the hot sun
- Cold hardy in Zones 5 to 9, or to -20F
- Heat zones 8 - 6
- Needs well-drained soil
- Regular water, let dry out to damp to avoid over-watering
- Growth rate estimated at 3" to 5" per year, but can to be pruned
- Spreading growth habit
- An outdoor plant
- Comes in a 4" pot
PRO-TIP: Prune no more than 1/3 of the tree off at one time. Allow the tree to recover (wait to see new growth) before taking more off or you may kill the tree. This is general rule for pruning any plant.
We recommend printing out this page for reference.
WE GUARANTEE OUR PLANTS SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL.
The shipping in this secure shopping cart is automatically calculated, all shipping charges are double-checked by Steve to ensure accuracy. If there is any overcharges, which sometimes happen when ordering multiple trees, plants, stone and/or accessories, we will refund the difference once the order is packed and shipped.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Janit at email@example.com, or call 206-352-0494 and leave a message if we miss you. We are a micro business and don't have a receptionist.
We can only ship plants to the lower 48 States and Alaska. We are certified by the USDA.
and it looks great."